ShipStore.com(tm) is committed to protecting your right to privacy. We do collect information about our customers to enable us to process orders, improve our web site, and provide better products and services to our customers.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Here are details about how this information is used:
When you surf over to www.shipstore.com:
When you surf ShipStore.com's web site, you are anonymous. We do not collect personal information, including your e-mail address, without your prior knowledge and consent. ShipStore.com's server uses a non-persistent cookie to collect your IP address, but does not reference it with any personal identifier.
Non-persistent cookies simply enable us to maintain custom settings and hold the items in your shopping cart while you browse. The non-persistent cookie is temporarily stored and is automatically discarded.
For more information on cookies, please visit:
When you place an order with us:
To process and ship your order, we need your name, phone number, billing address, shipping address and e-mail address. This information is transferred to our store using SSL encryption (Secure Sockets Layer), a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet. We do not encrypt the contents of your shopping cart as it is not critical data. You will receive an e-mailed order confirmation at the e-mail address you provide that includes the items you ordered, the contact information you entered, an order number and contact information for follow up. You will also receive a survey which we hope you will complete. You may be offered an opportunity to subscribe or register to a newsletter, sale flyer program or contest. Beyond those emails, we will not send you unsolicited e-mail or unrequested product catalogs and we will not phone you about any non-order related matter.
When you register at our site or enter a contest:
- We will enter your email address into the contest for the current prize.
- We will send you e-mail with the results of the contest and announcing the next contest.
- We will use winners names in our announcements.
- We will very occasionally e-mail you with special news from ShipStore.com.
- We will give you an opportunity to subscribe to one of our newsletters.
- We will give you an opportunity to unsubscribe to any of our newsletters.
- We will greet you by name each time you visit ShipStore.com's Web Site, if you have cookies enabled.
- We will automatically fill-out parts of your order form should you choose to order from us, if you have cookies enabled.
- We will do our best to honor any requests for no contact, but please understand we are human and are capable of mistakes.
- We will NOT give or sell your contact information to anyone outside our company, ever!
- We will NOT call you for non-order related issues.
- We will NOT spam you.
- We will NOT send you snail mail.
When you contact ShipStore.com by e-mail:
Should you contact us via e-mail or otherwise specify that you want us to correspond with you via e-mail, we will. We will not use casual e-mail contact for anything other than response to your questions. We will not send you unsolicited e-mail or other communications based upon your e-mail contact to ShipStore.com.
When you complete a survey:
Surveys provide us with an opportunity to improve our product offerings, and enhance our web site and services. We may contact you to respond to your comments or to ask for clarification so we can make changes to our system.
When you leave our site:
A note about our future Public Forums:
When you use any of ShipStore.com public forums (Chat Room, Tech Support forum, et al), your responses may be viewed by any visitor to ShipStore.com. Consequently, ShipStore.com cannot be held responsible for the privacy protection of any comments posted to these forums.
Our intention is to participate in the Council of Better Business Bureaus' BBBOnLine Privacy Program, and to comply with all the BBBOnLine Privacy standards. Further information about this program is available at http://www.bbbonline.org.
A special word to parents of children under the age of 18:
ShipStore.com strongly encourages parents of young web users to play an active role in their child's online activity.
Children under the age of 18 may not submit orders, application forms, service requests or other documents to ShipStore.com without the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian.
You are responsible for the actions of your minor child. If your child uses your card without your permission we offer two choices:
- - First: Accept the sale as legitimate and work with us as if you placed the order to arrange for return or other suitable resolution. You deal with your child as you see fit for whatever punishment is appropriate.
- - Second: Refuse to accept responsibility for your child. We will then treat this as a fraudulent transaction, notify your bank that your card has been stolen or compromised, contact the Secret Service to report a crime and let the chips fall where they may.
While this may be viewed as harsh, allowing your child to steal by denying a charge after receipt of merchandise is not acceptable.
Changing or reviewing information sumbitted
If you would like to review or make changes to your personal info we have stored in our system:
You may call us at 518-962-2700 and ask to speak with Jim Carroll. Please be aware that you will be asked several specific questions to verify your identity. We will not tell you the full number for a credit card used to place an order, but we can provide you with a few digits to help you determine which card was used.
Contact Us by whatever method is most comfortable for you.
E-Mail email@example.com with any questions.